WA Young Labor is the youth wing of WA Labor. WA Young Labor has a long history of being a vital campaigning arm of the Party, and continues to play an important role in informing Labor policy in Western Australia. All party members aged between 16 and 26 are automatically members.
The aims of WA Young Labor are to:
- Interest young people in political and social action and in the need for democratic socialism;
- Actively support the aims and platform of the ALP;
- Promote the election of Labor governments;
- Publish material to promote AYL and its objects including the establishment and maintenance of its own website. The content of the website must meet the approval of the State Secretary before publication;
- Participate fully in the ALP and AYL’s decision making processes;
- Promote and adopt mechanisms which encourage the participation of women and young people and the wider party;
- Advise the Party on matters of youth policy;
- Arrange social functions which actively engage young people in the political process; and
- Actively encourage Party membership among young people.
The 2022 WA Young Labor President is Catherine Whitely. Get in touch at [email protected]